we think of holiday time for being the season to be jolly. but did you know theres lots of people that get really sad and lonesome and could even get real depressed at holiday time. what they got and maybe what you could get is called the holiday blues.
heres some reasons you could get feeling not so jolly…
1. feeling lonesome if you live alone or if your family and the ones you love live far away. this is real true for old people who are all alone and got no one or no family.
2. remembering past real happy or real sad holiday stuff
3. thinking about loved ones that arent here any more
4. not having enough money to buy as much presents as you want
dealing out with family problems
5. being real tired from trying to do too much
6. missing the sunlight on those gloomy winter days
what could we do to squash those blues?
1. one of the best things you could do is help someone whose got less than you cause it gets you off thinking on yourself and on thinking of someone else
2. volunteer somewhere
3. make goals you know you could do and ask for help if you could need it
4. let go of that past holiday stuff and make some new traditions
5. call or email people you didnt talk to for a long time and send holiday cards
6. stay busy but dont forget to take some time for YOU so you could get yourself recharged
7. get out outside and see decorations and lights (go talk to santa ha ha)
8. dont drink too much (booze)
9. dont beat up on your self if you dont get everything done you want to
heres something i like lots from a article i read. im calling it number 10…