while i been waiting and hoping hes coming home i been trying to find out how come he left and if theres some way i could get him to come back. for me all it would take is a big bag of reeses mini peanutbutter cups. ha ha. hmmm...wonder if that could work on my muse???
heres some reasons why your muse could desert you
1. youre going in the wrong direction and hes trying to get you stopped
2. youre not listening to your characters
3. maybe youre pushing yourself too hard and need a break
4. poor time management
5. too many distractions
6. lack of motivation or inspiration
7. procrastination (im a champion at this one - ugh!)
8. afraid to write (comparing yourself to famous authors)
9. not ready to write (dont have a clear picture of the basic format)
10. lots of life stuff like family and jobs - etc.
heres some ways you could get your muse to come back
1. dont panic! it happens to everyone. it wont last forever. BREATHE!!!2. just write! write anything that comes into your head. gobbly gook!
3. stop being afraid and dont compare yourself to other writers. youre you!
4. write a question about what your writing & put it aside for a while.
whamo! an answer will come sooner or later and get you going again.
5. take a break and do something fun. come back later or tomorrow or day
later. then keep on pushing.
6. change directions and go down a different road
7. listen to your characters. they living it!
8. plan writing time and stick to it no matter what.
9. make a list of 10 or 12 ideas on where your stuck. dont reject any of
the ideas even if theyre stupid. lists help you get your brain thinking.
10. try a new topic for a while just to get you going again.
heres a real good article about losing your muse
click here: writers block
did your muse ever desert you? if he did how did you get him back?
...hugs from lenny
sources: writing magic by gail carson levine. spilling ink by anne mazer & ellen potter (a cool present from miss dianne). good ol' google.com