YEP! its the "I RESOLVE..." time of year again. you know...the time we start out the new year with good intentions to change stuff about ourselves and be a way better person. its a nice thought... but...most resolutions end up in the trash. UGH!
ok...i know im being kinda gloomy. BUT...just look at the stats:
40 % of all americans make new year resolutions. but...only 8 % keep them. ACK!
SOOO...instead of making resolutions were probably not gonna keep and getting all frustrated when we dont... how about we just start the new year with some "I RESOLVE..." fun. heres 20 fun resolutions i found on the net that made me laugh. i hope they make you laugh too.
1. I'm going to stop sending Facebook, text messages and emails to my loved ones when they are in the same room as I am.
2. I will use my treadmill for something other than a place to hang things.
3. I will not sit in the kitchen table in my PJs on my computer all day. Instead, I will move my computer to my bedroom.
4. I vow to never take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night. HA HA!
5. This year I will post a current picture of myself on the net and remove the ones from when I was younger and a lot more attractive.
6. I will actually laugh out loud when I type "LOL" to the person I'm messaging.
7. I will not hit "reply all" when I'm sending a private, personal message.
8. I will save water by taking less baths and showers and brushing my teeth less.
9. I will try to figure out why I need so many email addresses.
10. I resolve to work with neglected children - my own!
11. I will read the instructions BEFORE assembling - just as soon as I can find them.
12. I will start buying lottery tickets from a luckier store.
13. I will always replace the gas nozzle before driving away from the pump.
14. I will play more computer games. Scientists say they're good for you and improve your visual skills.
15. I resolve to not see any serials or movies in which any dead characters are brought back to life.
16. I will not make up a cock-and-bull story to end a phone conversation I want to end.
17. I will stop hitting the "like" button just because I like the person who posted when I don't like what they posted.
18. I will not sit and stare at my computer screen all day. Instead, I will make it a point to stand and stare at the screen for at least 30 minutes.
19. I will stop snooping in people's bathroom cabinets when I'm over at their place.
20. I will actually make the cookies instead of eating all the batter.
i hope you got a laugh from these fun resolutions. what about you? do you have any funny resolutions?
...hugs from lenny
stats from: FORBES