Thursday, June 10, 2010

beat the heat!


this little guy knows just what to do when hes all hot and needs to get cooled off. cause most of us dont have a nice waterfall to sit under we gotta find other ways to beat the heat. heres some stuff you could do thats mostly free.

1. drink lots and lots and lots of water and lots more

2. dress in light stuff like shorts and tank tops and wear a real neat looking hat

3. if youre gonna walk or jog or do exercise outside get it done early before it gets real hot outside

4. if youre gonna be outside a lot go slooooooow and dont get all hot and sweated up

5. if youre gonna be getting lots of sun wear that sun screen stuff and make sure its one with a high number on it like 15

6. eat light stuff that has lots of water in it like fruits and veggies

and heres some stuff thats real extra special important to think about

1. if you take meds be sure its ok to be in the sun or get hot

2. dont ever ever leave your kid or pet in the car even if you got the windows open

3. if you get sick from the sun or being way too hot call 911 real fast

have a really cool summer! …hugs from
lenny

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic post for these humid summer days! Thank, Lenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pointers, Lenny! I spent most of my life in Arkansas and it gets really hot there, I think you get used to it. Since we've moved to northern Iowa, the heat is much harder on us when we travel south. We drink lots of water and use 30-50 spf sunscreen when we go to our cabin with is almost in Arkansas. I hope you have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good reminder! I have to be careful in the heat, it can make me sick easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice reminders, Lenny! That photo of the elephant is just priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips. :) Found you at Sharon's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lenny--I have an award for you over at my blog...I think you are very special!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to send you an email, but it bounced. Let me know if you want me to deal you another card in the blackjack game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lenny,
    These are excellent points you have mentioned. However, living in England, sunshine is something we could do with just a bit more. My poor flowers keep asking me why the sun keeps hiding.
    Have a peaceful and positive weekend.
    With respect, Gary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wise advice Lenny!!! Thank you for the sweet words today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that you had a post called How To Stuff an' I jus' hadda' check it out. That elephant sure looks happy, doesn't he? Thanks for all the great advice.

    ~ Yaya

    ReplyDelete

Whatever wonderful, witty and wise words you manage to come up with!